Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fill up on Fiber & Protein

Fiber help keeps you full for a longer period of time (so does protein!), it also helps your digestive system working properly. So starting your day out with some protein and fiber is the best way to go when trying to slim down and start your day out with a healthy and nutritious breakfastBelow are some great cereals that will fill you up with fiber and protein to get your metabolism going!


Kashi Go Lean
Kashi GOLEAN cereal is a lightly sweetened mix of crunchy fiber twigs, crispy soy protein grahams, and honey-toasted 7 Whole Grains and Sesame Puffs. You’ll feel great knowing that you are treating yourself right and enjoying it. 
GOLEAN cereal helps you stay satisfied all morning with more than twice the protein and fiber of the average of other cereals. Just one serving supplies 40% of your daily fiber needs and 20% of your daily protein needs.
  • 13g Protein
  • 10g fiber
  • Low in Fat—1g
  • 8g of whole grains


Fiber One 80 Calories Honey Squares
These lightly sweetened whole grain squares are surprisingly delicious  with 80 calories per serving, and 40% Daily Value of fiber. Fiber One 80 Calorie cereal makes managing your weight simply sweet. 
  • 10g of fiber
  • 1g of Protein
  • Low in fat (1g) and sugar (3g)


Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Toasted Oat
Lightly sweet, and crunchy, Heart to Heart Honey Toasted Oat Cereal is a combination of honey-toasted Os, hearts made with whole grain oats, and our uniqueblend of Seven Whole Grains.
  • 5g of fiber
  • 1.5g of fat
  • Low in sugar
  • Supports healthy cholesterol 





What are some of your favorite cereals? Have you tried any of these? What are your thoughts? What are your favorite fiber and protein filled cereals? 


5 comments:

Errign said...

My favorite cereals are Cheerios & shredded wheat. My favorite Kashi cereal is Autumn Wheat, though, I rarely buy it due to cost. I love cereal, but I don't often have it for breakfast because I have to eat a ton of it to be satiated!

Amy K said...

I love all three of these cereals! I also like to mix and match, so I'll take a handful of each and add some fruit and almond milk :) it's the perfect breakfast!

Sometimes I like to add some dark chocolate chips or nuts for some more flavor :)

Living Lindsay said...

I love Kashi cereals - so good and so high in protein and fiber. I also love Nature's Path, especially the Smart Bran. It's jam packed with fiber and has a great mild sweetness. I love it with almond milk, strawberries, and almond butter drizzled on top. :)

Holly @ Pink-Runner.com said...

I love Kashi Go Lean Berry Crunch (I think it's called?) SO GOOD :)

Kendi said...

YUMMY! I love making overnight oats and adding Fiber One 80 Calorie Honey Squares as a topping! :D I also like adding granola! soo good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...