Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, the same type of health-promoting fats that are found in olive oil. Monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) help get rid of belly fat as well.
Almonds are a very good source of vitamin E and manganese. They are also a very good source of magnesium, copper, riboflavin (vitamin B2), and phosphorus. These are all great for our health!
Almonds are a protein powerhouse! A quarter-cup contains 7.62 grams—more protein than the typical egg, which contains about 5.54 grams of protein.
Not only are they packed with great nutrients that our body needs, they also taste great and can be used in so many different ways!
- They're the perfect addition to your homemade trail mix!
- Perfect for on the go! Grab a small handful and the fiber in these nuts with keep you full for a while.
- Top your oatmeal or yogurt with some of these nutrient packed nuts.
- Take them to the movies! They're much healthier than buttery popcorn and candy, but you'll still have something to much on.
- Or how about making your own almond milk?
- Have some Apple and Almond Muesli!
What are some of your favorite ways to eat almonds? Feel free to leave a comment below! =)